Saturday, January 19, 2008

Blah

I'm sorry I haven't posted in awhile but I really have had nothing to report because life has been pretty much the same for the past week or so. Chicco's morning nanny has had a fever all week (she got it from Chicco because he has pretty much been sick since I got back here- I have yet to catch anything serious so hopefully I won't). So I have had to fill in for her and I have been working double this week. It's still not too bad considering how much I normally work but I'm not used to it and it was early mornings so it has been hard on my sleep. I have been really busy with him and really tired all week so it will be really nice to finally sleep in tomorrow morning.

I am also hoping to learn to drive a stick shift tomorrow afternoon. Most of the cars here are manual and I have never tried and am interested to learn. I am a little worried because of how extremely graceful I am and, even though it doesn't take much, I am sure I can screw it up. Andrea has offered to teach me and he is getting a new car soon so I obviously need to learn before then because I won't be allowed to touch the new one. Anyway, it should be interesting. We will see how long it lasts because I know for sure it will be testing his patience to the extreme, so we will see how long he can deal with me.

That's about all the excitement going on. We are going to try to go to the cinema tomorrow because we haven't been in awhile, and even though the movies are in Italian, I miss going to the movies all the time.

The big carnival in Venice starts next week and I am looking forward to taking a day trip there to see what it is all about and be able to say that I experienced it. Unfortunately it ends the day before my mom gets here (her birthday), so I will be going with Andrea sometime in the first week of February.

Looking forward to possibly watching the Superbowl on Italian satellite TV and then the arrival of my parents in three weeks!! :) I can't wait!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Exuse me....!! Please don't publicize your mother's birthday!!!!!!

chickie said...

Trying to talk to Mom before she sees you and Andrea is darling, please invite me to the wedding! love chickie.

chickie said...

Trying to talk to Mom before she sees you and Andrea is darling, please invite me to the wedding! love chickie.