Friday, February 22, 2008

6 Months

So, yesterday was my six month mark of when I first arrived in Italy. It is a little crazy to think about where I was six months ago and how far I have come now. It feels like I have been here a lot longer, just when I think about how much I have already been through.

When I first arrived, I was scared out of my mind, spoke no italian other than Ciao and grazie, arriving in Calabria to the extreme heat, and four spoiled kids. Now I am happier than I have ever been in my life, extremely confident, and able to carry and understand a good amount of full conversations in Italian. My parents are coming next week to finally get a feel of what my life is like here, and that's just it, it really does feel like a part of my life now. I feel like this is a second home for me and it no longer feels like a vacation anymore.

I am so happy I made the decision to come here and that I decided to stay after a rough beginning because today starts the second half of my year in Italy and I can't wait to see what that will bring me! :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

can't wait to see and be a part of your life in italy!! see you in 4 days!!!!
love mom

Anonymous said...

glad to hear you are happy.. i miss you and can't wait to see you soon..
brett