Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Venice Carnival

Andrea and I went into Venice on Sunday for the Carnival and we had a really good time. We drove into Venice, where we got on a boat, had breakfast and some drinks until we arrived in Murano, the island of the glass blowing. I had been there before but Andrea hadn't (yes he is the Venetian), so we watched the demonstration which is just so amazing.

Then we got back on the boat and had lunch (there were tables and everything and we sat with a few Americans, which was cool- there were 81 of them and it was very weird being around that many Americans at once). After lunch we got off the boat in Venice and had some time to walk around, so we walked around San Marco, looking at all the cool costumes (we had our own complimentary costumes, as seen in the picture of me- the wind wasnt quite working with me!)

Then we got back on the boat and headed home. It was a very long day but it was a lot of fun and I really enjoyed myself. We even got our faces painted for Carnival by a woman on the boat (I have to try to find a clear picture of my face painted).

Then we came home and had pizza. All together, a very cool day spent in Italy! :)




On another note, my parents trip out here (which was supposed to start tomorrow) has now been postponed due to some family issues. Everything is ok but they just have some things to take care of and can't make it out here right now. I am really sad and upset because I have been counting down the days since I got back from America, but really it's better. This way it will be a little warmer when they come (hopefully next month) and it will be last time afterwards that I have to go without seeing them. Also, if they came now they probably would have been distracted and this way they have time to sort everything out. So I am sad but I know they will still be coming, I just have to wait a little longer. :(

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

We will be there early March, I promise!!!
Love Mom & Dad

Anonymous said...

Nice mask, Tori!! You look so happy and that makes me happy. Miss you. Did you get my package? Polly

Anonymous said...

Hey Honey

So glad Carnival worked out well and you had fun.

Just got back from Dubai and our trip to URI.

Once again counting down the days until we see you.

Our Love

DAD

Andrea said...

It was the first time for me too but I'm not going anymore because it can't be better than it was that day.
I would be disappointed.
Everything is different when I'm with you.. everything is great