Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Yvonne's Visit- Part 2

When we returned on Wednesday, we slept the whole day away and then went out to dinner, because we were exhausted. Thursday, we went to Asolo for the afternoon. And Friday, we went to Venice for the day, which was my last time in Venice for the year, so I did a little shopping too.
streets of Asolo lined with Italian flags for the Alpini (soldiers)
We saw all the major sites, including going to the top of the bell tower in San Marco square, which I had never done before. There were amazing views of the city. Then we had lunch, surprisingly in the same restaurant that I ate lunch with my parents when we were there.
Yvonne and I in the tower

view of Gondolas and people in San Marco square

view of the water from the tower

After lunch, we headed over to Murano for a glass blowing demonstration, which I had already seen twice but it never ceases to amaze me. Then we went back to San Marco and it was getting dark and sprinkling so we headed back to the train station.
Saturday morning, we went to work with Andrea at the wine shop for some wine tasting. We tasted the lines of Prosecco, with his coworker helping us, and then we got to sit in the back tasting (and tasting and tasting, until the bottle was gone) some more wines while we waited for him to be done. It was also my last (and only second) time there so I bought a few bottles that I am hoping I can get into my suitcases without them being overweight.

Yvonne tasting some Prosecco


Saturday night we went out for pizza next to my apartment, and then Yvonne left Sunday morning. I really enjoyed having her here and it was actually perfect timing, in order to make it the best for both me and her.


No comments: