Friday, May 30, 2008

List #2

So, here is the list of things that I will miss once I leave:

1. Andrea- the big one, and pretty obvious. It will be extremely difficult to leave him and I am not looking forward to it at all, and I really can't even think about it, even though it is in three days now. It will be one of the hardest things ever, but I can just hope that he can come out to visit me this summer, and look forward to the next time we can see each other.

2. Chicco- another big one, as he is an adorable two year old who I have also fallen in love with. I will miss him so much and already do, as I have been seeing him a lot less lately. Thankfully, I will most likely be coming back here in November, so I will be seeing him then, even though he will be almost unrecognizable by then, I'm sure.

3. Free time- I have been very lucky to have a lot of free time during my stay here and when I get back home I will have to start working and no longer be able to do whatever I want all day long. It has been very nice and, I think, well deserved after the hell of nursing school!

4. No responsibilities- I have had almost no responsibility at all this year, no bills, etc. This one is just a part of the fact that I am on my own now. But it's kinda sad.

5. Living alone- ok at this point I am not missing that, but I know that within a month of going back to living with 5 other people and sharing a bathroom with three gross boys, I will be wishing I was back here where I could sit on the toilet seat without sitting on someone else's pee. However, I will hopefully be moving out soon, so that will all be over. (which is sad in itself)

6. Traveling- ok, traveling is also possible in America, but it is just not the same. I will miss being able to go into Venice for lunch, and when I am bored or have a free day, just traveling to another town that I have never seen. Or to have the ability to travel to another country for a weekend. In the past month, I have been to Tuscany, Dublin, Venice (twice), and Lake Garda. I have been very lucky and very much enjoyed having that ability while living here.

7. Convenience-living in the center of a town has its advantages and has been very nice. I wouldn't want to do it always but it was a very cool experience, having everything I need right downstairs. I would go to "do some errands" for the day and be back in fifteen minutes because everything is right there!

8. Andrea's friends- I have gotten to know Andrea's friends pretty well (as well as possible with the language barrier) and although sometimes it is difficult for me, they have always tried to make me feel welcome and I have always had a good time with them. I will miss them too.

9. FOOD- this would probably be at the top of everyone else's list but living here for a year I have gotten pretty used to the food. However, I know that when I return (after about a week of eating everything I had missed) I will start to miss my regular Italian food. And gelato! Luckily, there are a lot of Italian restaurants in America that I'm sure aren't quite the same but they are something. I don't know about gelato though!

10. Language- I know this was on the list yesterday, but it is very nice to hear Italian everyday and I am still determined to become fluent, and I am losing a lot of my learning opportunities by leaving, but I WILL DO IT!!

next.... the things I am not looking forward to when I return.....

No comments: