Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Arrivederci

I am officially home safely! It feels so good to be home, although leaving Andrea was even harder than I thought it would be. But I had a great flight and my mom picked me up, and brought me home to have my favorite dinner and ice cream pie!!

Now that I am back in America, this will be my last post. Life in Italy as I know it, is over and now it is time to return to the working world. I will be babysitting until I can find a nursing job.

I had a wonderful experience, and although there were many unexpected bumps in the road, I wouldn't take it all back for the world. I am so lucky to have had this opportunity and I will carry this experience, as well as all that it has given me, including changes in myself, with me for the rest of my life.

Thanks to all of you who have read regularly. I am glad I could share my year's experiences with you all.

ARRIVEDERCI!! :)

4 comments:

Michelle | Bleeding Espresso said...

I can't believe your Italian adventure is over; thanks so much for sharing it with us...will you have a new blog now? If so, send me the address!

Andrea said...

I love you.
I hope the best for your job and your future.
I started to mis you as soon as you left.
Thank you for all the beautiful moments we spent together.
You have no idea how special and unique you are: you're the best person I've ever met in my life.
I can't wait to see you.
Ciao amore

Anonymous said...

Ryan - I've been reading off and on and really enjoyed your blog and all your stories. Sounds like you had an amazing time. I spent 4 months in Spain while in college and it's true what you said, you will carry all the memories and experiences with you throughout your life. You'll be amazed how often you think back to your time in Italy and you will be so happy you went and so proud of yourself! Love the top 10 lists, what a great idea. Hope to see you sometime soon. Enjoy your summer and good luck with the job search.

Love,
Julie
your CA cousin :)

Anonymous said...

Hi,

Ok this is really random but am an au pair living in Italy in the veneto area (Mira near Mirano to be specific) and sad as this sounds i ave no friend here! Just wondered if you know any Englis speakers nearby. You would be a lifesaver! Ciao. Holly

hollyandtuppy@hotmail.com