Sunday, June 1, 2008

List #4

This last list was the easiest one. Here are the things I most look forward to about going home:

1. My family- I really miss them a lot and my parents especially have really helped me a lot this year. I have had some bumps in the road throughout the year and the ways that they have handled them, have made me so proud that they are my parents. I can't wait to live with them all again (for a little while at least).

2. My house- I loved my little apartment here, but I have really missed my house because I love it and I love my room and my closet and having all the space that I do. With this also comes my dog, who I miss so much and can't wait to see, and also my stuff. Even though it would look as though I brought my entire life here (two 70 pound suitcases, one 50 pound suitcase(with me), one 40 pound suitcase (with Yvonne), and a backback that will probably be about 50 pounds as well), I have a lot of things at home that I haven't seen for a year which will be excited to wear "new" clothes and refind all of my things.

3. Dishwasher- as mentioned before, I do not really like handwashing dishes.

4. Garbage disposal- this would eliminate the wet trash problem that I mentioned before. And I like not neccessarily having to clean off the plate before putting it in the sink.

5. Drinkable skim fresh cold milk.

6. Breakfast foods- they have them here but breakfast is generally a lot smaller here than in America. I can't wait to go out to breakfast or have pancakes, or a taylor ham egg and cheese!

7. Driving- it has been pretty relaxing not having to deal with driving or having a car, but I really don't like having to always rely on other people so I am excited to start driving again.

8. Tub\shower- I already mentioned my shower so clearly I am looking forward to a bath, but also in Italy they don't really seem to do the whole combination thing, more of a tub and shower but separate. Big showers are the best!

9. TV!!! I love my American TV in English!!

10. Speaking the language- everything is just more convenient that way.

that's all for now.... off to enjoy my last meal in Italy with Andrea and then I leave early in the morning, will post one last time when I get to America tomorrow.

1 comment:

chickie said...

Dear Ryan, Thank you for all of the wonderful and educational posts. I have loved reading of your adventures in Italia, may Italia be in all of our futures and love to your family, love chickie.