Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Friday

Thursday we spent the day driving home to Montebelluna, and then we had dinner at Manuela's house. Chicco really liked my parents and he had them doing pushups with him on top over and over and over again. We had a great meal and went to bed early because we had to wake up early to spend the day in Venice on Friday.





Friday, we woke up early to drive to Venice. We got there in perfect time but we spent the better part of the morning on the boat around Venice because we didnt take the boat directly to San Marco but instead made a few stops first.

We checked into their hotel (which has a really cool canal veiw), and then went straight to the market because my mom wanted to see it. The fish at the market is so fresh (way too fresh for me, especially because I don't like fish).

views from the hotel


"snorkeling in Venice"


We were a little burnt out I think from traveling and it was cold and rainy so we were very slow and just really had lunch (after getting lost a few times), saw San Marco, and then had a drink in a cafe before taking the boat bus to the train station for me to get the train. It was really sad to leave them because I will not see them for six months but we had a great week together and I am so happy they could finally come and experience some of my Italian life.


No comments: