Monday, March 31, 2008

30 Before 30

One of my blogger friends did this awhile ago and it got me thinking about doing one myself. I have finally gotten around to it and it really wasn't as hard as I thought it would be. So here is my list of the 30 things I would like to do before I turn 30.

1. Get married

2. Have kids (I hope to have at least one or two by the time I'm 30)

3. Become fluent in Italian and practice to keep it!!

4. Buy (or lease) a car (this, number 5, and 6 should be done by the end of 2008)

5. Move out of parents' house

6. Start a nursing job

7. Decide where to settle to live, work, and have a family

8. Settle there!

9.Continue and fill recipe book, attempting all recipes

10. Become knowledgeable and comfortable in the kitchen

11. Travel to Canada

12. Take an RV trip across America

13. Travel to Australia

14. Travel Europe (hopefully a good portion will be covered by the end of this year)

15. Join social networks (nurses, book clubs, friends groups, etc.)

16. Become a "Big Sister"

17. "Adopt" a child or family in poor country

18. Become a pen pal (snail mail and/or email)

19. Volunteer (more Habitat for Humanity, orphanages, hospitals, etc.)

20. Subscribe to a magazine in Italian (if possible, even online) to practice

21. Buy a house with husband

22. Furnish and "fix" the house how we want it

23. Organize all Italy photos, memorabilia, etc. into picture albums and scrapbooks well documenting my year abroad

24. Get to and maintain my ideal wieght ( my goal is to have this done by Kristen's wedding, September of 2009)

25. Continue to live with no regrets. If there is something I really want to do, make it happen.

26. Maintian contact with old friends that may not live close by

27. Go on a cruise

28. Travel (even little trips) as much as possible

29. After moving out, make a point to talk to my parents and brothers at least once a week.

30. Live a happy, content life. I try to spend everyday in the best way possible. This includes loving my job just as much when I am 30 as I do now in looking forward to starting one.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Very good, real expectations! So happy you finished your list.
Love you,
Mom