Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Settling in... and the kids..

So I am now in an internet cafe, as I came into Reggio with Claudia to go to the police station which of course, like everything else in Italy, didnt work the first time. So I will have to come again this week, but I dont really mind because it is kind of nice to get out of the house every once in awhile. Otherwise, the days with the kids are the same thing over and over again. It will be better next week because they are all in school so I at least have 4 hours a day to myself to get better acquainted with the house and the city, and get myself situated, or just relax. Right now I have the kids all day long, and while I have help it does get a little tiring...4 kids is a lot! haha

Anyway, things here are pretty good. The kids are getting used to me. The triplets are 4 and their names are Guiseppe, Vincenzo, and Maria Luisa (Milla). The 2 year old is Chiara. The are really cute and also very difficult at times. So far Guiseppe is the best one. Out of everyone he is always the one to listen and he is the sweetest. He will gladly sit with me and talk with me one on one. The parents are Claudia and Antonio. The people from the Phillipines, who cook, clean, and help with the kids are Jenny, Flora, and Renall (?).

I am anxious to get to Reggio next week and move in to air conditioning!, and also to get situated in my room as right now I am still living out of my luggage...

That is about all for now...nothing too exciting.. I think from now on I will have Friday afternoon and all day Saturdays off so this week I will probably just go into town but maybe next week I will try to venture out to Sicily, probably just for the day on Saturday. It is only a 20 minute ferry ride from our house.

My italian is coming along as now I can understand a lot and will soon start to speak a little...

I hope all is well with everyone and feel free to email or post comments or even call... I got a cell phone and my number is 3204527852...to call from America you dial 01139 32045 27852. I dont know much about how much it is or anything.

I still have awhile until we go back to the house so I will try now to post some pictures....

No comments: