Saturday, August 25, 2007

Traveling

Well it has definitely been a very emotional week. Leaving was very hard and I cried my eyes out in the airport and on the airplane. The flight was ok, and I slept on and off for about half of it, which was good. Then I got to Rome....that was my first interesting\terrible experience. I found my way to my next gate and went to check in for my flight to Calabria, only to find that I had to go back where I started to get my bags and check in again. I finally went back to get my bags (up and down a million elevators and escalators and past 3 Ferrarri stores, which I took pictures of for Brett and also having to go through the checkpoint and security a total of about 3 times, all while speaking no Italian). Then I get my bags and go to check in and my bags are overweight (as they were in Newark but here the minimum is even less) So I end up having to pay 100 euros (i dont even know how may dollars that is)!!! By this point no on was paying attention to me and I was on the verge of tears. I just wanted to get settled at my gate so I could call my mom and Brett and gain some sanity!

Then I get to the phone and try for 20 minutes to call my mom with my phone card which wont work so eventually I just call with my credit card and am absolutely sobbing at this point. Needless to say my first experience in Italy not so much a positive one....

No comments: