Thursday, November 22, 2007

Happy Thanksgiving

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone, whether you are American and celebrating or not! This is one of my hardest days so far in Italy, or at least since I have arrived with my new family. I am trying not to get too upset about it but it is really hard, because I really love this time of year. I love any holiday that brings my whole family together and home from school.



Last night PJ and Andrew went to a fight in Atlantic City with Brett and they stayed overnight. I am just jealous that everyone gets to spend time together except for me. I knew that this day/week would be hard so it is not coming as much of a surprise but it still sucks. I just have to keep thinking that I will be home a one month for Christmas, which is must more exciting!



On the plus side, we are attempting our own Thanksgiving here in Italy, with my Italian family, who I do feel comfortable enough with to call my family, which is good because I have my own comfort system over here. Our Thanksgiving will be on Sunday, because that is easier and gives us more time to cook together (it should be quite the experience, as Manuela has never cooked an American Thanksgiving and I have hardly ever cooked at all!)



On another positive note, my birthday is in two days and this is what I have to look forward to come Saturday morning:






..and those are all just from my mom! (the stars and stripes are the only wrapping paper we have at home that isn't for Christmas, always used for birthdays). If you look closely there are also cards from many people on top as well, and I am still awaiting a few more packages! :) So if you think I am down and upset, don't worry, it is just part of me and I will get over it!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

you are too cute and i love you so much......taking pictures of your presents!! nice, my "happy 4th of july" paper!!