Monday, October 15, 2007

Weekend

I had a very good weekend. Manuela and Luca went to Stockholm for the weekend so I only had Federico for about 2 hours every day. I spent a lot of time with Andrea and his friends which was a lot of fun.

Friday we went to watch some of his friends who are in a band play at a bar and that was nice. Saturday we went to a party in Pedorobba, another town. It is called Festa della Castagna (Party of the Chestnuts) because they are coming into season now. It is just in a big tent and you can drink and eat chestnuts and there is a band (although they werent very good). But it was fun though. We just sat at a table and drank the whole time. And Sunday we went to Bassano to walk around and we had some drinks and pizza. So it was a nice weekend.

This is Andrea as a guest singer with the band:

This is the big church in Montebelluna that I pass everyday on the way to pick up Chicco from his grandma's house. It is very pretty but the main reason I took a picture of it now is because the day before I saw a funeral here. I felt a little weird taking a picture but I wish I did. So instead I took a picture of just the church. I wanted to take a picture that day because when I walked by they were starting the funeral procession. In America, that usually means all the cars follow the hearse to the cemetery. Well here they had someone walking in front of the hearse carrying a cross and then instead of cars, all the people were walking behind the hearse. I dont know if that is an Italian thing or not but it was very interesting to see.


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad to see you have settled in,and seem to enjoy your new surroundings.It sounds like a fun area,enjoy.

Anonymous said...

Heeelllooo Ryan! I'm at your house and your mom reminded me to write on here. Hope your having fun in Italy, you're not missing much in skanky PA. I came home this weekend to go to the Hunt in Far Hills, its like this big horse race tailgating thing.Im going up to URI again soon, I loved it there i had so muhc fun with PJ and Andrew. I wish i transfered there when the PJster did. Hope your doing well over there!

Love, your favorite cousin
Philip Thomas Nestler the First and Only

p.s. heres my e-mail: pnest978@kutztown.edu

Andrea said...

my damned double chin, haha