Friday, September 21, 2007

Adventures

Well yesterday was a very interesting day....the plan was to go to Padova (where the mom of this family works) and spend the day wandering around and visiting there and then to meet her at the train to go home at 5...things turned out a little differently than planned (of course...why would anything ever go as planned..)

I ended up getting on the wrong train which was headed to Milan. I had not looked at a map of Italy so I had no idea where Milan was compared to where I was supposed to be going. So I got off at the first stop and went to the info desk where they told me to take a train to Milan!! It was terrible because I now had to wait 2 hours in this small town to get on a train that I was already on! So I hung out there and took a train to Milan, then had to wait an hour and a half in Milan to get a train to Padova.

Luckily, they only charged me 9 euros on one of the trains so that is all the extra money I had to spend, and i got to see the Milan traion station! haha... otherwise the only thing I lost was the chance to see Padova because I arrived in the train station with 2 minutes to spare and had to run to meet the mother.

The good thing is that I think it was very much worth it as I love this family. I think that this is the one that I will end up with. Everything about is pretty perfect and I already feel comfortable with them and get along very well with the parents.

So today I am off to Trento, another day on public transportation, to meet another family, and then tomorrow to Lucca, the town in Tuscany, to meet my last family. For now I am thinking this family is it but I dont know what the other families will be like. So hopefully my decision is easy one way or another.

Anyway sorry for the semi-boring posts but all I have been doing lately is doing a lot of traveling. Hopefully I will be settled soon!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear things are getting better over there - cait and i will be there for spring break before you know it, haha! We miss you in NJ! xoxo Meagan

Ryan said...

I would love that! You guys should ACTUALLY come!!! Anyway I will hopefully have made a decision within the next few days so we will see....

Anonymous said...

Things are never dull following you around Italy.Glad to hear things are looking up,we all miss you.
Steve