Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Regular in Reggio

So before I talk about Turin I wanted to post one more story about Reggio.

I have established quite a routine of going into town with the children in the morning when they go to school and from there going to the internet cafe, but while I am waiting for it to open or when I am done I usually go to this cafe on the corner because they have outdoor tables andI sit there and wait or in the afternoon I usually get a gelato.

Anyway the internet guy has gotten to know me because I am always there and always for so long too, so now in the mornings he goes to the same cafe before he opens and asks me if I would like some coffee. Its so cute. I have made friends with him (well as much as possible because he only speaks italian, but I mostly understand him).

Anyway so now the owner of the cafe has started to recognize me and says goog morning to me when he sees me. The other day I went in to get gelato and I asked for the same kind that I got the last time (stracciatella, which is chocolate chip) but they didnt have it. So the next day I went in and he got all excited and looked at me and said Stracciatella! (because they had it again).

Stupid story I know but I thought it was kinda cute that I was now a regular in a small town in Italy. I felt special.

.....of course that was the day before I left :( haha

No comments: