Friday, September 14, 2007

Take 2

So I am currently working on booking a train for the next part of this so called adventure...I am now leaving for Turin, Italy (pretty much as far as I could possibly go while still staying in the country), which is about a 15 hours train ride. I will be leaving tomorrow (Sat) evening and arriving in Turin Sunday morning. So hopefully I will get some sleep on the train. It should be an experience in itself, as I have never been on a sleeper train before, let alone in Italy.

I am sad to leave my family but have been ready to leave as I am getting more and more frustrated with the ways these children are raised. So, as of now, I will arrive in Turin and spend the day on Sunday with one family. Then I will stay the night either in a hostel or an apartment that my agent has available. Basically for the next week or so I will be homeless in Northern Italy. I am kind of excited because this is something that I would never do on my own (not exactly a "fly by the seat of my pants" type person) but it should be interesting and I have my agent to help me so I am not too worried about anything happening or being on my own.

I will still have my same cell phone until I get settled somewhere else but who knows when or where the next time on the internet will be. So now I am off to continue my research and train reservations and I will be seeing most of Italy tomorrow through my train windows...

Ciao!

3 comments:

Elisabetta said...

Hi Dollie girl!

Talked with your Mom yesterday...I don't know how she does what she does; I get dizzy just listening to her!!! Anyway, enjoy that train ride and get some sleep. Good luck in Turin; hopefully, you will find another family and everything will turn out just the way you expected. Uncle Jim is 95 today! I was expecting to drive up to see him, but Barbara said he really isn't doing that well and probably would just sleep through our visit. She and John are here for a month. Too bad, but he has lived a good, long life and now it's time to be with the love of his life.
Stay safe!
Ciao
Zia Elisabetta

Anonymous said...

I wish I could be on that train with you. I know we would have quite the adventure!! Good luck my little girl and know that I am with you every step of the way. I love you. Mom

Anonymous said...

ok so i don't read your blog for a little over a week and so much as changed!! no wonder i didn't get a phone call from you last week haha. all i can say is god works in mysterious ways and luckily you were able to figure out sooner (rather than later) that that family wasn't the best choice for you. i have faith that things will work out- and you will still have the best time while you're there! hopefully i'll be able to talk to you soon!! :)