Friday, September 28, 2007

I'm Here!!

So I arrived yesterday in Montebelluna, to start with my new family, and I am soo happy! They decorated the apartment for me, down to even buying a decorative pot with fake sunflowers in it. The apartment is really nice, small but very cute and brand new. It is weird to have my own apartment but I think I will like it. It is also great to have internet access all the time finally. It is amazing how much of a difference that makes in my mood.

The family is great. I am very happy. They are so nice and welcoming and I think we will get along very well. The little boy is really cute and I already know I am going to love him. I just need to work with him a little so that he can learn to understand some basic English, but I don't think it will take very long.

I met an Australian couple on the train yesterday and they were so sweet. It was really great to have people that spoke English because we talked for over 2 hours, all about my life and their lives and their kids and everything. It was really a great way to pass the time. And they helped me with my luggage too which was awesome, because no one else had and it is very difficult to travel Italian trains by yourself with two 70 pound suitcases and about a 20 pound backpack. The morning was very difficult (going up and down stairs, etc)

Anyway, so today I have the whole day off to get settled and see some of the area if I want to. It should be a good day even though it is getting kind of cold here...it is supposed to get warmer next week. I hope so because I need to do some serious shopping for warmer clothes!

No comments: